As we head into the holiday season, writing a holistic wealth manifesto is a great exercise for staying true to our long terms goals. As I wrote Holistic Wealth, I thought about habits a great deal and that’s when I realized how much our habits can make or break us. This is especially true of the holiday season when we get caught up in the holiday spirit. For me, the holidays are a time to also reflect and to look ahead to the new year. Whatever your goals are for 2020, remember that you start to set a foundation for achieving holistic wealth with each decision you make. So as we think about cultivating a holistic wealth mindset – its great to have a holistic wealth manifesto.
Here’s my Holistic Wealth Manifesto. Feel free to create yours.
- Comparing our current situation to that of anyone else’s – is the most toxic thing we can do.
- By keeping our personal mission statement evergreen and aligned with our values and goals in life – we are making progress in living a holistically wealthy lifestyle.
- Remember to give thanks and to give back to others. Focus on enriching someone else’s holistic wealth bank account.
- Prioritize living in each moment to the fullest and being mindful in our decision-making.
- We can’t change others – we can only change our actions and our reactions.
- Saying “no” and having healthy boundaries is also key in life.
- Every step forward in line with our mission, values and goals – is a positive step in achieving holistic wealth.
- We should make sure that our every day actions in life are an addition – not a depletion to our holistic wealth bank accounts.
- Taking measured risks aligned with our personal mission and goals will be vital in achieving holistic wealth.
- Developing a personal financial identity is critical to financial wellness and to achieving holistic wealth.
Have you ever written a manifesto? If you wrote a manifesto for holistic wealth – what would you add or subtract?
When I think about holistic wealth I think about purpose in life – alot. This quote below comes from Chapter 3 of Holistic Wealth and is a good reminder about keeping that front and center everyday of our lives – even during the holiday season when its so easy to get carried away with spending, partying and the festivities of it all.