In this exciting episode of the Holistic Wealth podcast with Keisha Blair, we have an exciting solo episode entitled “Suicide Prevention Awareness Month: Making Mental Health Your Priority”. September is Suicide Prevention Awareness Month —a time to raise awareness of this stigmatized, and often taboo, topic. On the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair, we’re using this month to prioritize mental health, spread hope and share information with people affected by suicide. World Suicide Prevention Day is also celebrated on September 10, 2022.
During COVID-19, we’ve seen increasing rates of suicide (even among celebrities and millionaires), record mental health issues, loneliness, and anxiety rates increase in teens and children plus a host of health disorders. We have also seen a new awareness surrounding work-life balance, overall wellness, and achieving meaningful lives. People are no longer accepting that stress and burnout have to be the norm.
According to the World Health Organization, someone around the globe dies by suicide every 40 seconds. Suicide is the second leading cause of death among Canadians under 25 years old. 79% of all people who die by suicide are male. Although more women than men attempt suicide, men are 4x more likely to die by suicide. Suicide is the 2nd leading cause of death among people aged 10–14 and the 3rd leading cause of death among people aged 15-24 in the U.S. Suicide is the 12th leading cause of death overall in the U.S. 46% of people who die by suicide had a diagnosed mental health condition – but research shows that 90% may have experienced symptoms of a mental health condition.
Connecting and openly communicating
Connecting and openly communicating with those who have had suicidal thoughts or those who have lost loved ones to suicide is essential in the effort toward suicide prevention. Since many people are unable to express and discuss their feelings due to the fear of being stigmatized, we hope that this message will help those who are struggling with suicidal thoughts or have lost a loved one to suicide to know that there is help available to support them in their journey towards healthier and more meaningful lives.
In this podcast episode, I will walk you through effective strategies to prioritize your mental health, sharing lessons from previous holistic wealth podcast episodes focusing on mental health. In the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated: 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, there are many strategies throughout to help you master the “Art of Recovery From Disruption”. Tune in to listen to this episode of the Holistic wealth podcast with Keisha Blair.
Resources Mentioned In This Episode:
What You’ll Learn in This Episode: Making Mental Health Your Priority
- Why it’s so important to start focussing on prioritizing your mental health, with strategies and tips from the NEW Holistic Wealth Expanded and Updated book by Keisha Blair.
- Learn some of the risk factors and warning signs for suicide and what to look out for (in order to help a family member or loved one).
- Learn some tips and strategies for coping with stress such as mindfulness, and being intentional by design.
- Learn why embracing your purpose in life is critical to reducing stress and finding more meaning.
- How the Holistic Wealth Method (developed by Keisha Blair and outlined in Holistic Wealth) helps you manage stress and anxiety effectively.
Listen to the Full Episode: Making Mental Health Your Priority
Featured on the Show: Making Mental Health Your Priority
- Check out my website at: keishablair.com
- Order the new book, Holistic Wealth (Expanded and Updated): 36 Life Lessons To Help You Recover From Disruption, Find Your Life Purpose and Achieve Financial Freedom, also mentioned as a resource in this episode.
- Visit keishablair.com and subscribe. Also, check out our FREE financial identity quiz and online courses at the Institute on Holistic Wealth. Check out our signature program, and become a Certified Holistic Wealth Consultant and help people build a life of Holistic Wealth.
- Order the award-winning, bestselling book Holistic Wealth: 32 Life Lessons To Help You Find Purpose, Prosperity, and Happiness, and the Holistic Wealth Personal Workbook.
- Follow Keisha Blair on Instagram and Twitter – and ask me your questions related to holistic wealth!
Enjoying the Holistic Wealth Podcast with Keisha Blair?
- Don’t miss an episode, follow on Spotify and subscribe via Apple Podcasts, Stitcher, or RSS.
- Leave us a Review in Apple Podcasts!